Dalplex is home to an 8-lane, 50-metre indoor pool.
Daily lane swimming and Family Swims times are available.
Members will be required to book a Lane Swim or a Family Swim appointment to use the pool. Typical lane availability for the pool can be found on our indoor pool schedule page.
- Members must be 12+ to book an appointment and are limited to one per day.
- Length of appointment time is 60 minutes (1 hour) and includes the time to enter and exit the building.
- Members will be able to book their appointments online 72 hours in advance or by calling 902 494-3372.
- Members will be required to complete a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire during the booking process.
- Members who do not show up for their appointments without notice may lose the ability to book future visits.
- Members must use their DalCard/membership card to access the facility. Entry will not be permitted without it.
- Members must wear a mask to enter the facility and while moving in the building to and from the pool.
- Starting Monday, March 15, 2021, Lane Swimming will expand to allow two (2) swimmers per lane during an appointment time.
- Lane Swimming appointments are on a first-come, first served basis. Members are welcome to book a lane with someone they know, but it is important to note you may be sharing a lane with someone you do not know.
- Swimmers are asked to use only the lane they have booked and not trade lanes once they have arrived.
- Please select and remain on one side of the lane during your appointment time when two people are in the lane. If you are in a lane by yourself, please continue to swim in the middle of the lane. Circle swimming is not permitted.
- Personal instruction/teaching is NOT permitted.
- With additional swimmers on site for each appointment, please be sure to rinse off quickly after your swim so others may access the pool deck showers in a timely manner.
- Please enter and exit the pool using the bulkhead. If you are unable to use the bulkhead, please use the ladders closest to the locker rooms.
- We reserve the right to make changes to lane assignments to accommodate the accessibility needs of our members.
Short course with sixteen (16) twenty-five metre lanes - two (2) people per lane. Typical lane availability for the pool can be found on our indoor pool schedule page.
Family Swims are for Dalplex members only who have family memberships or members with dependent child add-ons. They are intended for parents and children 12 & under – NOT for couples who wish to lane swim together.
Please call 902 494-3372 to book a Family Swim appointment.
A maximum of four (4) family members are permitted in the lane during the Family Swim appointment under the following guidelines to ensure the safety and proper supervision of all children while using the pool:
- Children 12 years of age & under MUST be supervised by their parent/guardian (18 years +) at all times.
- Children 7 years of age & under MUST remain within an arm’s reach of their parent/guardian (18 years +) at all times.
- Children 7 years of age & under who wish to swim farther than within an arm’s reach of their parent/guardian must achieve special swimmer status. To receive this, the child will be expected to pass the Swim to Survive Test. Please see information below on the Swim to Survive Test.
- Children 8 years of age & older who are deemed to be weak or non-swimmers must remain within arm’s reach of their parent/guardian or wear a PFD.
- Parents/guardians are only permitted to have a maximum of two children with them at any time. Accepted family member combinations:
- 1 parent/guardian & 1 child
- 1 parent/guardian & 2 children
- 2 parents/guardians & 1 child
- 2 parents/guardians & 2 children
Members must book a Family Swim appointment, NOT a Pool Lane Swim appointment.
All other appointment rules and regulations apply.
All Family Swims will take place in shallow lane 1, with shallow lane 2 closed to act as a buffer from lane swimmers.
Family Swims will be offered at the following times with some exceptions.
*Family swim is cancelled Sat April 17, 9:30-10:30am, 6-7pm and 7:15-8:15pm
Swim to Survive Test
Children 7 years of age & under must complete the Lifesaving Society’s Swim to Survive program to be permitted to swim farther than an arm’s length away from their parent/guardian. Please see the lifeguard on duty to arrange for the test.
They must be able to comfortably and safely demonstrate the following
- Continuous 50m swim
- Tread water for one (1) minute.
The lifeguard conducting the swim test will determine if the child attempting the skills can perform them to an adequate standard.
PDF’s will be available for use, but no toys or flutter boards will be available. Members are welcome to bring their own flutter boards.
Locker rooms and select day use lockers have reopened. Saunas and showers remain closed. Dalplex or personal hair dryers are not permitted.
On-deck locker rooms and washrooms will be available with an occupant limit of one (1) person per room at any time.
On-deck showers will be available – one (1) person per shower room at any time. As a courtesy to others and to respect the 60-minute appointment time, please limit your time in the showers.
Members using the pool may bring a duffel bag/backpack with them. Please leave your personal belongings in the designated space behind your assigned lane. It is recommended you leave your valuables at home and bring only what you need for swimming.
- Members may bring their own flutter boards and pull-buoys.
- Snorkels are now permitted. Snorkels with purge valves are recommended to reduce aerosol droplets in the air.
- It is recommended that members wear goggles.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Goggles are mandatory for swim team training.