Group Fitness Classes
In accordance with Nova Scotia Public Health’s recent announcement to close all fitness and recreational facilities in the central region of Nova Scotia, Dalhousie University is closing Dalplex, Studley Gym, Wickwire Field and tennis courts as of 11:00pm, Thursday, April 22, 2021 until at least May 20, 2021. Sexton Gym remains closed.
Included in your Dalplex membership!
Dalplex offers a wide array of fitness classes and programs led by a team of top quality, energetic instructors. Our goal is to meet your health and wellness needs through a knowledgeable, friendly and professional approach to fitness. We encourage you to ask questions, get to know our instructors and attend a variety of classes to find out what you like best.
Do I need to book a spot in a group fitness class?
Yes, until further notice there will be limited numbers allowed in studios for group fitness classes. All participants must book a spot in a class prior to arriving at Dalplex. Classes can be booked up to 3 days in advance.
Looking for more information on booking an appointment? Check out our how to page!
Do I need to bring my own mat for yoga?
Yes, participants are required to bring their own equipment if they need it for a fitness class. This would include things like a yoga mat, yoga blocks, dumbbells, etc. Information about what is required for a class is included in the class descriptions here.
Check out our website for more things you need to know before arriving to Dalplex!
Tips for New Participants
- All classes are on a drop-in basis - no pre-registration is required
- Spin bikes can be reserved in advance
- Remember to wear comfortable, cool clothing, athletic footwear, and bring water.
- Start gradually and work at your own pace.
- Beginners are welcome at all classes
- It is helpful to arrive a few minutes early for all classes and to plan to stay until the end.
How to Book a Spin Bike
- Each bike is labeled (1-8) - participants MUST use the bike number they are assigned to by the instructor for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks MUST be worn until the instructor indicates the class is beginning.
- Participants should arrive before the class begins and may not be permitted to enter the room after a class has already begun.