Wickwire field is currently closed for resurfacing. We have a tentative completion date of June 2021.
Wickwire Field is Dalhousie's main outdoor sport facility, a superb asset for Dalhousie University students but also a key facility for programs offered by many local amateur sport associations.
Home of the Dalhousie Tigers varsity men's and women's soccer teams, and home base for the field hockey, football, lacrosse, and rugby club teams. In 1995 the field was renamed from Studley Field to F.B Wickwire Memorial Field.
The Dalhousie intramural program is incredibly active at Wickwire as well, where you’ll see a barrage of students taking part in flag football, soccer and ultimate Frisbee throughout the fall season.
Wickwire Field is located at the corner of Alumni Crescent and South Street. Click here to locate Wickwire Field on Dalhousie's campus map.
- FieldTurf-Tarkett artificial playing surface allowing for maximum drainage so that play can continue, rain or shine.
- surface measures 200 yards by 90 yards
- 3 practice fields, running across the width of the entire surface, with each measuring 78 yards by 60 yards
- premiere practice field has a full 18 yard box and a kicking wall
- feature soccer field which measures 110 yards by 74 yards
- outdoor scoreboard and concrete stands (seats up to 1200)
- outdoor lighting allowing evening use
- washroom and general locker room facilities located in nearby Studley Gymnasium
- the field sees approximately 3000 or more hours of use annually