Intramurals allow students to play recreational sports with the focus on having fun, getting active, and making new friends.
Intramurals are offered as leagues, mini leagues and/or tournaments in both competitive and recreation levels. Leagues are term-based with the exception of ice hockey which is played through fall and winter semesters. Mini-leagues are term-based and run for only a portion of the term. Tournaments are single day events and are scheduled throughout the semester. Leagues we currently offer are:
COVID-19 Changes to Intramurals and Recreation [Updated: December 2020]
Recreation Options for your Department/Society/Residence
Campus Recreation has had a few requests for facility space to help integrate incoming students to depatments and better welcome them to the program (i.e. a soccer game, ultimate frisbee, etc. between your dept/society/residence members). This is something we can absolutely help you with. Any and all ideas for self-facilitated recreation will be considered with the following considerations:
- Can this activity follow the current Dalhousie, Dalplex, NSHA and PSO guidelines regarding COVID-19? (max participants, protocols, etc)
- Are we able to track participants for COVID-19 contact tracing?
If your activity is approved, facility space can be arranged and your activity can be self-facilitated. This is available to you all semester. At any point requests for these types of activities can be made to email@example.com.
We are looking to run a limited number of intramural programs in the winter term. All leagues will have a TBD start date following guideline on the return to sport form the Province of Nova Scotia, the NSHA, any associated PSOs and Dalhousie University. Schedules and registration will open for these leagues January 12th. Please read over the modifications we have made to allow intramurals operation:
- All leagues will be recreational (as opposed to the competitive leagues we’ve had in past years). This is to ensure more students have accessible recreation as we navigate education in the COVID-19 era. If there are any issues with coed participation numbers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the issues and work out a solution.
- As in other years, but especially in our current situation, there will be a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on any behaviour that is unsafe – from COVID-19 protocols to aggressive behaviour in the heat of the game. It is a privilege to have an opportunity to recreate in this way in the wake of a global pandemic and any behaviour that can take away from the recreation experience for yourself or others will absolutely not be tolerated. Any person(s) who neglect(s) our policy will risk their participation as well as their teams participation in our leagues.
- Only a select number of sports will be operated and only 1-2 leagues will be available for each. They include indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball and esports. All leagues will be played at Studley Gym and Dalplex. Modifications to the regular flow of the season may be made at any point to accomodate more participation and to work within facility restrictions.
If you have any questions about self-facilitated recreation options or intramuals, please email email@example.com.
While in-person campus recreation has been suspended to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be offering virtual esports leagues and tournaments for all students and dalplex members.
Current offerings are NBA2K20, NHL20, FIFA 20, and super Smash Bros: Melee. Dota, League of Legends and more to come. Follow us on instagram @dalintramurals for up to date league and tournament registrations.
Super Smash Bros: Melee Tournament held on January 23rd, 2021. An in-depth explanation for those who don’t currently have the game setup can be found at https://blippi.gg/
Any and all questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3-on-3 Basketball
- Floor Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Indoor Soccer
- Innertube Water Polo
- Rock Climbing
- Ultimate Frisbee
Select a topic from the drop down menu below for more information:
- Dal intramurals are predominantly student programs, but in some cases are also available to Dalhousie faculty, staff, alumni, or Dalplex members aged 18 years and older.
- You must be affiliated with Dalhousie University as a full-time or a part-time student (with a current Dalplex membership), a faculty or staff member (with a current Dalplex membership), or an adult Dalplex member.
- You must have a current student ID or Dalplex membership card and must bring university or Dalplex-issued photo ID with you to each intramural activity.
- Part-time and co-op students can purchase a single-term membership for the Dalplex to be eligible for intramurals.
How to Register
Click REGISTER NOW on this page to get started. Instructions on how to register can be found in the documents below.
Forfeit Procedures & Fees
In place of the old performance fee/intramural deposit a new non-refundable “forfeit fee” of $20 is to be paid when a team defaults. This must be paid within 48 hours of the forfeit and is to be paid in person at the Dalplex front desk in order for the team to remain in the league. If a team defaults a second time they must have permission from the Campus Recreation Coordinator to be able to pay the fee / remain in the league. If a team is on the waitlist they will be given priority to obtain the spot in the league if the forfeit fee is not paid within 48 hours of the game. To avoid a forfeit the team must contact email@example.com 24 hours in advance of the game to concede event.