The climate controlled fitness hall, located on the top floor of the Dalplex fitness centre, holds the majority of the strength and cardio equipment, as well as space for stretching and abdominal work.
Gym etiquette is important to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience while working out.
Fitness Hall Rules for Use
- Minimum age for use of strength training or cardio equipment is 14 years old.
- Fully enclosed shoes or sneakers must be worn.
- Gym bags must be stored in lockers downstairs. Dalplex is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Taking photographs or video recordings is not permitted.
- Gym chalk is not permitted.
- Equipment is for use in the Fitness Hall only and is not permitted on the stairs or corridors.
- Wipe down all equipment after use with a cloth and cleaning spray supplied by Dalplex. Spray cloth first (not machine) and wipe down machines/mats/benches, etc.
- As a courtesy to other members, please limit time on your phone between sets.
- Food is not permitted.
- Do not drop the weights on the floor.
- The use of a spotter is recommended while using strength-training equipment.
- Weight collars (clips) must be used on all plate-loaded bars.
- Please return equipment to the storage racks provided.
- Please be courteous to other users at all times.
- Members must follow the direction of Fitness Hall monitors and facility staff at all times.
- Please report suspicious behaviour or facility/equipment problems to staff immediately.
The following equipment is typically available for use:
- One (1) vertical knee up station
- One (1) back extension station
- One (1) Smith Rack with limited plates
- Two (2) bench presses with limited plates and one bar
- One (1) Olympic shoulder press with limited plates and one bar
- Two (2) adjustable squat racks with limited plates and one bar
- Two (2) leg presses (one plate loaded with limited plates and one cable)
- Small selection of barbells and curl bars and plates
- Eight (8) dumbbells stations with limited dumbbells - Six (6) at main entry (heavier dumbbells) and two (2) at rear of facility (smaller dumbbells and barbells)
- One (1) kettlebell station
- Two (2) stretching stations with no equipment
The following equipment is typically available for use but may be substituted from time to time for maintenance:
- Seven (7) treadmills
- Four (4) ellipticals
- One (1) Stepper (Precor)
- One (1) later stepper (Octane)
- Two (2) Spinner bikes
- Two (2) upright bikes
- Two (2) Recumbent bikes
- Two (2) Ergs
Let us teach you the basics of using the new equipment in the fitness hall!
Unsure how where equipment is located in the fitness hall? Unsure how to use a piece of equipment?
Simply ask one of our weightroom monitors!
Members do not need to make an apointment for this. Monitors are not certified trainers, but have all the adequate background to explain the machines to you.
Fitness Hall 101
Looking for to learn the ins and outs of the fitness hall? Sign up for one of our 30-minute one-on-one sessions with our fitness coordinator where she will walk you through eight selectorized machines in our fitness hall.