News» Go to news main
Dalplex intends to open June 16
We’re pleased to announce that provided Phase 2 of Nova Scotia’s Reopening Plan begins on Wednesday, June 16, 2021, Dalplex will be reopening that same day. Sexton Gym will remain closed, but its members are able to continue using Dalplex until it reopens.
Appointments are still required and are bookable up to 72 hours in advance starting within two (2) hours of the conclusion of the Nova Scotia COVID-19 update, currently scheduled for Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at 3:00pm. Please review our guidelines on booking and cancelling appointments before your first visit.
During the recent closure, we spent some time adjusting the layout of the Fitness Hall to serve you better. We have expanded to accommodate 55 members per appointment time in the Fitness Hall. Check out the inventory of typically available equipment here.
Here’s what to expect:
- Masks remain mandatory in all areas of the facility except while you are engaged in physical activity.
- We appreciate it’s been a long time since you’ve seen each other, but we ask that you limit your socialization in the building to ensure smooth transitions between appointments and maximize your workout time.
- Locker rooms are open with a limited number of day-use lockers available.
- Showers will be open for use, saunas remain closed. Masks may be removed once you are in the shower stall. Towel service is not available.
- The use of hair dryers and fans is not permitted.
- Pool use is still limited to two people per lane.
- Family Swims will continue.
- Members may play in groups of up to four (4) per badminton court and two (2) per basketball court.
- Appointments will be required to use the tennis courts – doubles play permitted.
- Summer hours are in effect.
- A new fitness class schedule will begin on July 1.
We suspended all community member payments for the month of May and June. Automatic monthly payment withdraws will recommence on July 1, 2021. Those who paid for their memberships with a lump sum will have their memberships extended by 61 days.
We’d like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your continued loyalty and for making Dalplex your athletic and recreation facility of choice. We look forward to welcoming you back!
For more information related to Dalhousie University’s COVID-19 response visit dal.ca/coronavirus. For the latest information on COVID-19 from trusted sources, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada and Nova Scotia Public Health websites.
- A look back at my Forty Years at Dalplex
- New Dalhousie Event Centre
- Dalplex intends to open June 16
- Construction to begin on old cardio room
- David Garner selected as new Fitness Coordinator
- Facility closure extension
- Dalplex Craft Market
- Registration open for spring Rocket League Tournament