Valued members and students,
You’ve likely heard the news that Nova Scotia will NOT be moving into Phase 5 of its Reopening Plan on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, as was previously hoped. As we are still in Phase 4 until at least Monday, October 4, 2021, we will be continuing with our current restrictions with two exceptions in Halifax:
- Buffer lanes will be removed from the pool allowing for additional appointments
- Sexton Gym will be opening in a modified format – see below for additional details
- The weight and cardio room will be opening for appointments.
- Fitness classes will begin in the fitness studio with appointments required. A class schedule will be posted in the coming days.
- The locker rooms will be open with access to showers and day use lockers.
- Masks continue to be required at all times except while engaged in physical activity.
- The gymnasium will not be available for drop-in activities.
As announced during the September 8, 2021 Nova Scotia COVID-19 briefing, proof of full vaccination will be required for those 12 or older to use a fitness facility starting October 4, 2021. Stay tuned for details on how we will be managing the proof of vaccine policy.
We’d like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your continued loyalty and for making Dalplex, Sexton Gym and Langille Athletic Centre your athletic and recreation facilities of choice. We hope to we will be moving into Phase 5 in October.
For more information related to Dalhousie University’s COVID-19 response visit dal.ca/coronavirus. For the latest information on COVID-19 from trusted sources, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada and Nova Scotia Public Health websites.
- May pool disruptions
- Family swims are back!
- Update to mask guidelines
- Congratulations to our Member Appreciation winners!
- April pool disruptions
- April fieldhouse disruptions
- Dalplex fieldhouse & Sexton Gym floor resurfacing
- Member appreciation week at Dalplex and Sexton Gym