News» Go to news main
Dalplex reopening Monday, December 21
We’re pleased to announce that Dalplex will be reopening on Monday, December 21, 2020. Sexton Gym remains closed, but its members are able to continue to use Dalplex until it reopens.
During the recent closure, we were busy cleaning and spent some time adjusting the layout of the Fitness Hall to serve you better. We now have eight dumbbell stations, two areas dedicated to stretching, and added both a kettlebell and an additional barbell station.
- Appointments are still required and are bookable up to 72 hours in advance starting on Friday, December 18.
- Locker rooms are open with a limited number of day-use lockers available.
- Showers and saunas remain closed.
- Pool use is still limited to one person per lane.
- Members may play in groups of up to four (4) per badminton court and two (2) per basketball court.
We are suspending all community member payments for the month of January. Automatic monthly payment withdraws will recommence on February 1, 2021. Those who paid for their memberships with a lump sum will have their memberships extended by 21 days.
We’d like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your continued loyalty and for making Dalplex your athletic and recreation facility of choice. We wish you all the best this Holiday season and look forward to welcoming you back!
For more information related to Dalhousie University’s COVID-19 response visit dal.ca/coronavirus. For the latest information on COVID-19 from trusted sources, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada and Nova Scotia Public Health websites.