News» Go to news main
Dalplex is turning 40! Celebrate with us from Nov. 4‑10.
Dalplex officially opened 40 years ago, on November 5, 1979!
Read on DalNews: Celebrating 40 years of fitness.
A lot has changed in four decades (and we aren't just talking about the clothes and hairstyles!) and since we have so much to celebrate, we thought we'd throw a week-long party!
Please join us from November 4-10 for complimentary snacks, special 40th anniversary treats, prize giveaways, free towel service, retro music and so much more!
Dalplex's 40th Anniversary Week Highlights:
- A chance to win 1 of 40 prizes, including our grand prize, the Ultimate Dalplex Member Experience: winter term shower towel service & locker rental, personal training consultation, gift certificate for Dal Physiotherapy Clinic assessment and treatment, and a Dalplex swag bag
- Free shower towel service all week
- Free daily healthy snacks or treats
- Bring A Buddy weekend (Nov. 8-10) with complimentary guest admission for members/full-time Dal students*
- Group fitness classes will feature retro music from the last 40 years**
- Retro-themed contests and music at our varsity double headers: Way Back Wednesday basketball (Nov. 6, 6/8pm) and Flashback Friday volleyball (Nov. 8, 6/7:30pm)
Complimentary snack schedule***
|Monday||10:30am||Greek Yogurt Parfaits|
|5pm||Snack Size Booster Juice Smoothies|
|Saturday||9am||Granola Bars & Fresh Fruit|
|Sunday||9am||Granola Bars & Fresh Fruit|
**Retro group fitness class exceptions: all Member and DSU yoga classes, all classes taking place at 7:30pm (Mon-Thu), Zumba Strong (Fri, 4:30pm)
***while quantities last
- Temporary system outages: Sept. 19 & 22
- New! Week‑long programs for kids ages 8+ starting in August!
- Athletic Facility Reopening Plan
- 2020 Summer Camps Cancelled
- Update: Dal Athletic Facilities
- Free At Home Workouts
- Virtual personal training now available!
- Further Extended: Athletic Facility Closure