News» Go to news main
Sexton Gym renovations nearly complete
Update as of June 18, 2019
We're moving in!
Effective Tuesday June 18, Sexton Gym group fitness classes will now take place in the new fitness studio at Sexton Gym.
Update as of May 27, 2019
The men's locker room has now re-opened as well as the stretching room. The stretching room doors are currently unlocked, but card access pads will be installed to the doors soon. The room does have mats and stability balls available for member use, and a Bosu ball is on its way.
Cardio and strength equipment has been ordered for the new fitness centre space. These items will arrive and be installed over the course of the summer. There is still some work to be done to the new fitness studio's heating and cooling system, and once complete, the fitness classes will be re-located there.
Update as of April 12, 2019
The finish line is in sight with respect tp the Sexton Gym renovations! All the spaces currently being worked on only require some final touches before they will be complete.
- In the men’s locker room, new lockers, benches, and flooring have been installed. New plumbing fixtures are currently being installed and we are just waiting on some fixtures in the showers to arrive and be installed.
- Upgrades to the heating and cooling system are almost complete to the stretching room.
- The former strength and conditioning room has now been converted into a fitness studio. The space has been painted and new flooring has been installed. Final touches to the flooring and baseboard still need to be completed and upgrades to the heating and cooling system are underway.
- All of the strength and cardio equipment was relocated to the new fitness centre space earlier this year. We are in the process of selecting and ordering the new equipment for the facility and look forward to its arrival later this summer.
- Photoshoot volunteers needed: Thurs, Nov. 7
- Bring A Buddy Weekend at Dalplex: Nov. 8‑10
- November schedule disruptions: pool
- Dalplex is turning 40! Celebrate with us from Nov. 4‑10.
- November schedule disruptions: fieldhouse
- Congratulations to our Member Appreciation Week winners!
- October schedule disruptions: fieldhouse
- Updated ‑ Sexton Gym closures ‑ Sept 30 to Oct 4