News» Go to news main
Loosening of Restrictions in Phase 1
UPDATED AS OF FEBRUARY 14, 2022
Valued Dalplex members, students and community,
As you may have heard, Nova Scotia Public Health recently announced a reopening plan to gradually ease COVID-19 restrictions.
The three-phase plan begins February 14, 2022 and allows up to make some adjustments to our current operations. Appointments will continue to be required for all aspects our facilities.
- Appointments continue to be available in one-hour increments with a 15-minute changeover period.
- Physical distancing is still required, which limits our ability to add many more spaces to an appointment. There will be 80 spaces available per appointment with at least 34 pieces of cardio equipment and 45 strength and conditioning machines in addition to dumbbell stations.
- Spotting and working out in partners is permitted.
- Working out in groups of more than two (2) is not permitted.
- Masks are required except while exercising.
- To ensure physical distancing, some equipment will not be available. We ask that you only use equipment that is open and do not try to use equipment we have sectioned off.
- The pool is set up for lane swimming only: short course with up to sixteen (16) twenty-five metre lanes available at a time.
- 30 to 60-minute appointment times will be available with a maximum of three (3) people per lane – no exceptions.
- Family swims continue to be suspended.
- Tigers games are resuming. The fieldhouse will be closed during games. Check daltigers.ca for schedules.
- Appointments for basketball will increase to eight (8) users at a time.
- Badminton and table tennis appointments remain unchanged with a maximum of four (4) people per appointment.
- Fitness class appointments will continue as follows:
- SPIN – 10 people per class
- Yoga – 16 people per class
- All other classes – 14 people per class
The Rock Court
- Appointments for The Rock Court remain at eight (8) per session.
- Appointments are available in one-hour increments with a 15-minute changeover period.
- A total of five (5) spaces are available per appointment.
All facility rentals for Dalhousie athletics and recreation facilities continue provided they adhere to mask and physical distancing requirements and abide by the gathering limits imposed by the province.
- Saunas remain closed.
- Noon hoops will recommence Monday, February 14, 2022.
- The sale of and redemption of day and multi-visit passes is temporarily suspended.
- Towel and locker services continue to be available.
- Members who do not show up for their appointments may lose the ability to book future appointments and/or suspension of their membership privileges. Please cancel your appointments online or call 902 494-3372 up until your appointment time if you are unable to attend.
- The Dalhousie Physiotherapy Clinic remains open, offering both in-person and virtual physiotherapy care. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
We encourage everyone to stay vigilant and do your part to help end the pandemic. Be sure to wear your mask except while exercising and remember to keep your distance to help everyone stay safe and healthy. As always, we thank you for making Dalplex and/or Sexton Gym your athletic and recreation facility of choice.
For more on Dalhousie University’s response visit dal.ca/coronavirus. For the latest information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19) from trusted sources, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada and Nova Scotia Public Health websites.
Dalplex & Sexton Gym firstname.lastname@example.org