News» Go to news main
May 25: New Dalplex fitness centre to open
We are pleased to announce that the new Dalplex fitness centre expansion will be open for use as of 12pm on Friday, May 25!
Some minor projects are still being completed but the majority of the facility is ready for use and we didn’t want to wait any longer before we opened our doors!
A few housekeeping notes:
- All guests will need to use the NEW entrance at the base of the driveway as of 12pm on Friday, May 25 - the existing Dalplex entrance will no longer be used.
- Unfortunately the new universal locker room will be slightly delayed opening, but guests are welcome to continue to use the existing universal locker room in the meantime
- The official opening will take place from 10am-11:30am in the fitness hall (second floor, fitness centre). This event is open to the public and light refreshments will be available. The fitness centre will open afterwards for regular use.
We welcome your feedback but also ask for your patience as we complete finishing touches and fine-tune new operating procedures.
Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to seeing you in the new space!
Director, Business and Facility Services
Department of Athletics & Recreation
- Sexton Gym renovation announcement
- May 25: New Dalplex entrance opens at 12pm!
- June 4: Parking lot construction begins
- June 8‑9: Deep end closed for swim meet
- June 1‑3: Pool schedule changes for long course meet
- May 25: New Dalplex fitness centre to open
- May 21: Holiday hours + pool schedule changes
- May 26: Pool set to long course for the day