Registration & Refund Policies
Program Registration Policies
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fees may be paid via telephone with a credit card or in person at the Customer Service Centre with cash, credit card, debit, cheque or DALCARD.
- Cheques are payable to Dalhousie University.
- HST will be added to the registration fee for programs for those over age 14 (i.e. Dalplex Tiger Cubs and Red Cross Swim Kids Levels 1-10 are tax exempt).
- Prices for programs and classes are subject to change.
- Programs are open to those 16 years and older unless specified in the program description.
- Tax receipts for day camps are available upon request by calling 902-494-3372.
Program Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Participants enrolled in a program or class may transfer or withdraw up to seven days prior to the program start date.
- Within seven days prior to the start date, transfers or refunds will only be issued if a waiting list is active for the program and must be authorized by the program coordinator.
- Once the program has begun, a pro-rated credit will be issued for medical reasons only. Documentation must be provided.
- Dalplex reserves the right to cancel programs or classes if minimum registration numbers are not obtained prior to the start date. In this case a full refund will be issued.
- Classes cancelled by Dalplex will be rescheduled at the next available time.
- Dalplex does not schedule make-up classes if a participant cancels or is unable to attend.
- All program registration and birthday party refunds must be approved by a Customer Service Supervisor. Please allow up to 3 business days for processing.
Camps Refund Policy (including PD Day offerings)
- Camp registrations must be paid in full at time of enrolment.
- Participants registered for a camp may transfer or withdraw up to 21 days prior to the camp start date.
- All camp withdrawals/refunds are subject to a $25 administrative charge (fee is applied to each camp refunded). There is no charge for a camp transfer.
- Within 21 days prior to the camp start date, registrations are non-refundable unless:
-a camp is cancelled by administrators, in which case a full refund of the registration fee will be issued.
-if a camper cannot participate due to medical reasons, substantiated by a medical certificate.
- All camp refunds must be approved by a the Camp Coordinator. Please allow up to 3 business days for processing.
Birthday Party & Group Bookings Refund Policy
- Party & group bookings must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Party & group bookings may be cancelled without penalty up to 21 days prior to the booking date.
- Party & group booking cancellations with less than 21 days notice are subject to a $25 administrative charge.
- All program registration, birthday party and camp refunds must be approved by a Customer Service Supervisor. Please allow up to 3 business days for processing.