Changes due to COVID-19
Due to the coronovirus pandemic, many of the services and facilities available at Dalplex have been altered or are temporarily unavailable.
Members will be required to book an appointment to use the pool.
- Members must be 12+ to book an appointment and are limited to one per day.
- Length of appointment time is 60 minutes (1 hour) and includes the time to enter and exit the building.
- Members will be able to book their appointments online 72 hours in advance or by calling 902 494-3372.
- Members will be required to complete a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire during the booking process.
- Members who do not show up for their appointments without notice may lose the ability to book future visits.
Members must use their DalCard/membership card to access the facility. Entry will not be permitted without it.
Members must wear a mask to enter the facility and while moving in the building to and from the pool.
- Lane swimming only: short course with sixteen (16) twenty-five metre lanes - one (1) person per lane.
- Members are to use the lane they booked
- Please enter and exit the pool using the bulkhead. If you are unable to use the bulkhead, please use the ladders closest to the locker rooms.
- Please swim in the middle of your lane, circle swimming is not permitted.
Equipment will not be provided. Members may bring their own flutter boards and pull-buoys.
- Snorkels are now permitted. Snorkels with purge valves are recommended to reduce aerosol droplets in the air.
- It is recommended that members wear goggles.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Goggles are mandatory for swim team training.
Locker rooms and select day use locker have reopened. Saunas and showers remain closed. Dalplex or personal hair dryers are not permitted.
- On-deck locker rooms and washrooms will be available with an occupant limit of one (1) person per room at any time.
- On-deck showers will be available – one (1) person per shower room at any time. As a courtesy to others and to respect the 60-minute appointment time, please limit your time in the showers.
- Members using the pool may bring a duffel bag/backpack with them. Please leave your personal belongings in the designated space behind your assigned lane. It is recommended you leave your valuables at home and bring only what you need for swimming.
Information up to date as of November 10, 2020
Dalplex is home to an 8-lane, 50-metre indoor pool.
Daily lane swimming times are available and open swims, where members can enjoy the diving boards and diving towers, are scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays plus on weekday afternoons in the summer.