The Dalhousie Figure Skating Club (DFSC) welcomes skaters of all levels to their open ice times, whether you're new to the sport, haven't laced up the skates in a while or are a current competitive skater.
The club is registered with the Canadian Figure Skating Association.
Dalhousie and King's students, as well as associated faculty, staff and returning DFSC members, wishing to join the club must contact a member of the executive before Thanksgiving to guarantee their spot. After Thanksgiving, if space still remains spots will be offered to Dalplex community members wishing to join for the first time.
Registration fees are $60 and skaters joining anytime after January will pay 50% of the fees.
2017-18 Location & Practice Times
Civic Ice - Mondays 3pm-4pm
Sept. 11, 18, 25
Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Nov. 13, 20, 27
Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29
Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26
Mar. 5, 12, 19
Forum Ice - Fridays 830am-930am
Sept. 15, 22, 29
Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27
Nov. 10, 17, 24
Jan. 5, 12, 19, 26
Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23
Mar. 2, 9, 16
Becoming a member of DKFSC
The following MUST be completed and given to one of the club executive before skating:
- A signed Sport Club Risk form (If you are under 18, it must be signed by a parent/legal guardian).
- A signed DSU Release and Indemnity Agreement and Conditions of Participation form (If you are under 18, it must be signed by a parent/legal guardian).
- Proof that you are a current Skate Canada member (if Dal FSC is not your home club) OR, your Skate Canada number and the $36 Skate Canada yearly membership fee (cheque or correct cash amount)
- $60 Club Fees (cheque or correct cash amount)
NOTE* if paying both Skate Canada and club fees by cheque, writing a single cheque is acceptable
- A completed and signed Dal FSC registration form (Skate Canada requires postal code, health card number, Skate Canada number) indicating you have read and agree to club information and terms.
There are three registration dates for skaters. Registration will take place in the atrium of the Killiam Library (6225 University Ave). As you walk in the front doors, look for a sign at a table labelled ‘figure skating club’ and executive will be there to register you. We will have hard copies of the forms and waivers available for you to fill out at registration, but also feel free to fill out your own copies ahead of time and bring them with you.
PLEASE NOTE: Only COMPLETE applications (signed forms with Skate Canada number, local address including postal code, health card number, Skate Canada fee and club fees, etc.) will be accepted at registration! Please make sure you have all necessary items/information ready when you come to registration.
Registration dates for 2017-2018 (Killam Library Atrium):
Monday, September 11th: 11am-1pm
Wednesday, September 13th: 12-2pm
Thursday, September 14th: 1:30-3:30 pm
Friday, September 15th: 10am-12pm
2017-2018 Registration Form If you are not able to come to one of these times, it will be your responsibility to get your completed forms and $$ to one of the executive before you put a blade on the ice (executive contact info in registration packet).
Please note: the club mainly communicates via Facebook
For those who are registering, feel free to join our group: ‘Dalhousie FSC’
Also available for general questions is: