News» Go to news main
July 5: Changes to spin studio location & booking policy
New spin studio location
Please be aware that Tuesday, July 3 will be the last day of class in the spin studio at Studley Gym.
We will be closing that studio and moving the bikes to the new spin studio in Dalplex that will open on Thursday, July 5.
The new spin studio will be located in the room outside the lower level men's/women's change rooms (aka: the 'old' Cybex/Atlantis room).
NEW! Same-day spin bike bookings over the phone
How to book a spin bike:
- Same-day reservations only.
- Call 902-494-6818 - please have your membership/B00 number ready.
- Phone bookings for spin bikes will end 30 minutes prior to start time of class.
- In-person bookings will take place at the Dalplex Client Experience Desk and will end when the class begins.
- One bike per person/phone call.
- Bikes are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited.
How to attend spin class:
- All participants must pick up their spin bike 'tag' from the Dalplex Client Experience Desk before the start of class.
- Spin studio will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Any tags not claimed by the time the class begins will be released and made available to anyone waiting to participate.
- If you are not able to make the class, please call to cancel your booking at least 30 minutes prior to the class starting.
- If you cancel with less than 30 minutes notice or if you fail to show up for class, you will not be permitted to book a bike in advance for a week.
- Repeated cancellations and/or no-shows will result in the member losing advance booking privileges for the remainder of the term.
- Snap a #SweatySelfie for a chance at a free fitbit!
- Parking space changes in Dalplex lot ‑ effective Sept. 24
- Upcoming accessibility audits at Dalplex
- Show us your #ShaunTselfie to win!
- September is Member Appreciation Month!
- September 3: Labour Day holiday hours at Dalplex and Sexton Gym
- September 3: Registration now open for paid classes at Dalplex
- September 1: Fieldhouse closed from 1pm‑5pm for DSU 'Dalympics' event