News» Go to news main
Program & schedule changes during fieldhouse floor reno (starting April 23)
- A hardwood floor will be installed across the entire playing surface of the fieldhouse (approx. 50,000 sq ft.)
- Work will begin Monday, April 23 and is expected to continue until July 16, 2018
- The entire fieldhouse (including the track) will be closed for the duration of the work, with many activities and programs temporarily relocating to Studley Gym, Studley Dance Studio, and Sexton Gym.
- The varsity weight room will also be available for member use until the new fitness centre opens.
- The Fun Zone will close permanently on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 8pm.
Fieldhouse Court activities - moved to Studley Gym and/or Sexton Gym until mid-July
- Noon Hoops
- Older Adult Badminton Group
- Drop-in basketball - times vary daily, please check schedule online
- Drop-in badminton - times vary daily, please check schedule online. Courts can also be booked starting Monday, April 23 by calling 902-494-6818.
Fieldhouse Weight Room, Fun Zone & Track
- As the entire fieldhouse will be a construciton zone during the floor renovations, the track will be closed until the fieldhouse work is complete in mid-July.
- The varsity weight room and Atlantis weight room will be available to use in lieu of the fieldhouse weight room, until the new fitness centre opens in late May.
- The Fun Zone will be retired and will permanent close as of 8pm, Sunday April 15.
Group Fitness Classes - moved to Studley Dance Studio until new fitness centre opens
Fitness classes will continue to take place in the Studley Dance Studio, as they have during the exam period, but on a new temporary spring schedule which beings Monday, April 23. Fitness classes will move back to Dalplex when the new fitness centre opens in late May.
- Download the exam group fitness schedule [.PDF] or view the new group fitness class schedule online.
- The temporary spring schedule will be available to download soon.
- June 25: Change to fitness class schedule
- As of June 25: Pool set to short‑course for summer
- July 1: Canada Day holiday hours
- June 25‑July 2: lower level male/female locker rooms temporarily closed
- June 23: Pool set to long course for the day
- June 15: Cardio room & Atlantis weight room will permanently close
- June 8‑9: Deep end closed for swim meet
- Drop‑in fitness hall orientations