News» Go to news main
Fieldhouse Floor Renewal Annoucement
It is exciting times in Athletics & Recreation as we near the completion of the new Dalplex Fitness Centre. Stay tuned for updates on its pending opening in mid-to-late May.
The new fitness centre gives us the opportunity to tackle another big project – replacing the fieldhouse floor.
- A hardwood floor will be installed across the entire playing surface of approximately 50,000 square feet.
- The work is expected to start April 23, and is projected to be complete and ready for use by July 16 (details on program relocation/schedule changes are available online).
With all strength and cardio equipment and fitness classes relocating to the new fitness centre and with the retirement of the Fun Zone, additional space becomes available in the fieldhouse which will see the addition of more sport courts (i.e. basketball, volleyball, badminton). These courts will allow Athletics & Recreation to better serve our students, members and the local community.
We thank you for your continued support and patience as we grow and enhance our sport, recreation and fitness facilities.
Director, Facilities & Business Services
Department of Athletics & Recreation
- Tue, October 9 (UPDATE AS OF 2:30PM): Dalplex to reopen at 4:45pm
- October schedule disruptions: Fieldhouse courts
- October schedule disruptions: Pool
- October 8: Thanksgiving holiday hours
- Congratulations to our Member Appreciation Month prize winners!
- Snap a #SweatySelfie for a chance at a free fitbit!
- Parking space changes in Dalplex lot ‑ effective Sept. 24
- Upcoming accessibility audits at Dalplex