News» Go to news main
May 9 & 10: Temporary South Street Closure
NOTE: access to the Dalplex lot, Shirreff Driveway and Alumni Crescent will all remain functional.
Please be advised Dexter Construction Company Ltd. will be making a water line connection on South Street as part of the construction of Dalhousie’s new Fitness Centre on Tuesday, May 9 and Wednesday, May 10.
Due to the work required, South Street will be closed from Oxford Street to LeMarchant Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days. This includes bus stops. Detours will be in place at this time. The road will be closed to all vehicle traffic with the exception of emergency vehicles and local traffic. All streets will remain open to pedestrian traffic at all times.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your understanding as we complete this necessary work. For any questions or concerns that may arise over the course of this work during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) please contact either:
- Robert Cox, Project Superintendent with Dexter Construction, at 902-835-3381 (office) or 902-222-0847 (mobile)
- Karen Cairney, Community Engagement with Dalhousie, at 902-494-2786 or email@example.com
For concerns after-hours, please contact Dalhousie Security at 902-494-6400. This number is staffed 24/7 and all calls are recorded.
- Sexton Gym renovation announcement
- May 25: New Dalplex entrance opens at 12pm!
- June 4: Parking lot construction begins
- June 8‑9: Deep end closed for swim meet
- June 1‑3: Pool schedule changes for long course meet
- May 25: New Dalplex fitness centre to open
- May 21: Holiday hours + pool schedule changes
- May 26: Pool set to long course for the day