News» Go to news main
May 9 & 10: Temporary South Street Closure
NOTE: access to the Dalplex lot, Shirreff Driveway and Alumni Crescent will all remain functional.
Please be advised Dexter Construction Company Ltd. will be making a water line connection on South Street as part of the construction of Dalhousie’s new Fitness Centre on Tuesday, May 9 and Wednesday, May 10.
Due to the work required, South Street will be closed from Oxford Street to LeMarchant Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days. This includes bus stops. Detours will be in place at this time. The road will be closed to all vehicle traffic with the exception of emergency vehicles and local traffic. All streets will remain open to pedestrian traffic at all times.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your understanding as we complete this necessary work. For any questions or concerns that may arise over the course of this work during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) please contact either:
- Robert Cox, Project Superintendent with Dexter Construction, at 902-835-3381 (office) or 902-222-0847 (mobile)
- Karen Cairney, Community Engagement with Dalhousie, at 902-494-2786 or email@example.com
For concerns after-hours, please contact Dalhousie Security at 902-494-6400. This number is staffed 24/7 and all calls are recorded.
- Nov. 8: Flu shot clinic at Dalplex
- October 17 ‑ Deep End of Pool Closed
- Casual work opportunity for detail oriented, highly organized individual!
- Temporary Changes to Dalplex Driveway
- Dalhousie to open university‑run physiotherapy clinic
- October Pool Schedule
- Atlantis Weight Room Orientation
- Sept. 25‑Oct. 1: Pool schedule