News» Go to news main
May 9 & 10: Temporary South Street Closure
NOTE: access to the Dalplex lot, Shirreff Driveway and Alumni Crescent will all remain functional.
Please be advised Dexter Construction Company Ltd. will be making a water line connection on South Street as part of the construction of Dalhousie’s new Fitness Centre on Tuesday, May 9 and Wednesday, May 10.
Due to the work required, South Street will be closed from Oxford Street to LeMarchant Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days. This includes bus stops. Detours will be in place at this time. The road will be closed to all vehicle traffic with the exception of emergency vehicles and local traffic. All streets will remain open to pedestrian traffic at all times.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your understanding as we complete this necessary work. For any questions or concerns that may arise over the course of this work during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) please contact either:
- Robert Cox, Project Superintendent with Dexter Construction, at 902-835-3381 (office) or 902-222-0847 (mobile)
- Karen Cairney, Community Engagement with Dalhousie, at 902-494-2786 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For concerns after-hours, please contact Dalhousie Security at 902-494-6400. This number is staffed 24/7 and all calls are recorded.
- March 23‑24: Pool Schedule Changes due to Swim Meet
- March 16‑18: Pool Schedule Changes due to Water Polo Tournament
- March 13: Dalplex closing at 5pm
- March 12‑16: Pool Schedule Changes due to March Break Camps
- Cancelled: 'Core Conditioning' group fitness classes
- March 9‑11: 'Bring A Buddy' Weekend at Dalplex & Sexton Gym!
- No Water at Studley Gym on March 6, Renos Extended to March 23
- Congratulations to our Move More Month winners!