For ages 6-12 yrs
Our climbing camps are an opportunity for new and experienced climbers to advance their climbing skills and knowledge. On the first day of camp we will evaluate skill, natural talent and maturity and then divide the participants into groups based on who we feel will work best together.
Our climbing camps operate with one instructor for every six participants, which allow us to group youth according to similar abilities and maturity and create an excellent opportunity for focus and advancement of skill.
Throughout the week, the participants will work through skills inlcuding knot tying, how to belay, movement patterns and spotting. Participants are expected to be able to assist in the process of holding ropes and spotting and follow instructions readily. These skills are essential to the safety of all participants.
Climbers will have an opportunity to rappel, rope climb, and boulder, building on their basic skills while challenging themselves and tackling as many problems as possible.
General Camp Information
- Climbing camp drop-off is from 8:30am-9am and pick-up is from 4-4:30pm.
- If you require an earlier drop-off or later pick-up time, contact Heather at 902-494-1605 to see if we can accommodate your request.
- Campers must bring their own lunch and snacks (we request they be peanut-free).
- Climbing campers should also bring appropriate clothing for outdoor winter conditions as some of the day may be spent outside.
- All participants must have a waiver and medical form completed prior to participation
- Dalplex family membership is required to qualify for Dalplex Member (M) price.
Please meet at the Rock Court for these camps.
How can I register?
Registration for March Break camps is available now. Book your space by contacting the Dalplex Customer Service Centre at 902-494-3372 or registering online.