- You must be affiliated with Dalhousie University as a full-time or a part-time student (with a current Dalplex membership), a faculty or staff member (with a current Dalplex membership), or an adult Dalplex member.
- You must have a current student ID or Dalplex membership card and must bring university or Dalplex-issued photo ID with you to each intramural activity.
- Part-time and co-op students can purchase a single-term membership for the Dalplex to be eligible for intramurals.
How to Register
All registration is done online though IMLeagues.
- Username is Net ID (typically 2 letters followed by 6 numbers eg. YX123456)
- Password is the same one used for Dal Online
- You must complete you IMLeagues profile before you can veiw the available leagues. Follow the IMLeagues prompts. Double check your entries (especially contact info) to ensure you receive all information sent out via the league site.
Registering a Team:
If you are looking to participate in an intramural league with a group of friends or peers and have enough players to meet the minimum registration numbers, you can create a team by:
- Navigating to the league you would like to play in and select '+ Create Team' in the 'Default' section of the league page. If the Default section is full and the '+ Create Team' button is unclickable, please chose '+ Create Team' in the waitlist section of the league page.
- Following the prompts to finish creating your team - You are now the captain of your team.
- Recruiting members:
- You can virtually invite members by navigating to your team page and selcting '+Invite' in the roster section of your team page.
- You can let others know about your team and they can request to join your team by selecting your team name from the league teams list. Make sure you let them know which league your team is registered in!
- You can recruit free agents (individuals looking to play but without a team) by navigating to the 'Free Agents' tab of your league home page. You can also select 'Yes' for Free Agents wanted so potential members can request to join your team.
Joining a Team:
If you know of a team that you would like to join, you can register by:
- Navigating to the that the team will be playing in by selecting the specfic league for your desired team.
- Selecting the 'Join Team' button on the 'Teams' page for your desired team.
- The team captain must accept your request before you are put on the team roster.
Joining as a Free Agent:
If you are interested in playing in an intramural league but do not have a full team to join with, you can register as a free agent by:
- Navigate to the league you would like to play in and select '+ Join as a Free Agent' in the 'Default' section of the league page. Follow the prompts to complete registration.
- This will put you in a queue of other free agents looking for teams. If there are enough free agents to make a team exclusivly of free agents, that will be done for you. If there is not enough free agents to collectively make a team, free agents will be given to teams looking for extra players.
- You can also request to join teams that have identified themselves as 'Yes' for 'Free Agents Wanted' by slecting 'Join Team' on the 'Teams' page for your desired team- especially if you are familiar with individuals on the roster or you see a team for your program/faculty. They can accept your invitation for the team and you will be placed there.
- On campus intramural activities are free for those who are eligible to participate.
- Ice hockey, curling, and summer softball registrations require non-refundable fees (see below).
- Ice hockey leagues: $300 per team (please note that each hockey teams may purchase a 15 jersey set with numbers for $225+HST). Fees cover both the fall and winter semester.
- Individuals without a team can register for Ice Hockey by paying a $40 non-refundable fee for the season (includes fall and winter) at the Dalplex Customer Service Desk for the Co-ed Residence League (Wednesday Nights) and Women's Hockey League (Sunday Nights). This fee also includes a jersey.
- Curling: $50 per team (team registration only)
- Summer Softball: $150 per team (team registration only)
In place of the old performance fee/intramural deposit a new non-refundable “forfeit fee” of $20 is to be paid when a team defaults. This must be paid within 48 hours of the forfeit and is to be paid in person at the Dalplex front desk in order for the team to remain in the league. If a team defaults a second time they must have permission from the Campus Recreation Coordinator to be able to pay the fee / remain in the league. If a team is on the waitlist they will be given priority to obtain the spot in the league if the forfeit fee is not paid within 48 hours of the game. To avoid a forfeit the team must contact email@example.com 24 hours in advance of the game to concede event.