Parking lot to be temporarily impacted by construction
Renovations at Dalplex to increase pool spectator capacity – Starting Jan 5
As of Monday January 5, Dalplex users can expect construction traffic in the parking lot and possible noise disruption with construction activity for the addition of a secondary exit from the pool level. Work is expected to be complete by the end of February.
The new fire exit will enhance safety and increase capacity in the pool area, allowing for more spectators to attend major events at the Dalplex pool, while meeting fire code requirements.
In order to complete these improvements, site work will include a small exterior excavation at the south west corner of Dalplex down to the spectator concourse level, and installation of a concrete stairwell and new exit system. There will be some interior modifications required to support the new exit. The exterior work area will be protected by security fencing which will result in some minor impacts to traffic flow in the parking lot.
Work will be conducted around the Dalplex schedule with no interruptions to the pool or other services expected. We apologize for any inconvenience that may result and thank you for your patience during this renovation project.
Because the security fencing impacts some of the designated Dalplex Member parking spaces, during the renovation period Dalplex members may park, free of charge, at the meters in the Dalplex parking lot (with the exception of the two meters reserved for University Parking Permits). A quick reminder: vehicles may only be parked at a meter for a maximum of three (3) hours and members must display their valid Dalplex parking pass at all times.
For further information about the construction schedule or activity, please contact Project Manager, Garry Martell, at email@example.com or 902-494-6784.
Dalplex Parking Lot
The Dalplex lot is able to offer 30 dedicated spots designated for valid Dalplex member parking permits from 7am-4:30pm, as well as 25 4-hour parking meters. There are also 2 accessible parking spots, both of which require a Dalplex or Dalhousie University parking permit, in addition to the access parking permit.
Dalplex member parking permits can also be used for the other non-metered spaces in the Dalplex lot from 4:30pm-1am on weekdays and on weekends from 7am-1am.
If you have a regular Dalhousie faculty/staff or student parking permit, you will be ticketed and/or towed if you park in a Dalplex member designated space between 7am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have a valid Dalplex member parking permit and park either in a space reserved for Dalhousie faculty/staff or students between 7am-4:30pm or at a parking meter without having paid the required fee, you will also be ticketed and/or towed.
- A Dalplex member parking permit is included as part of your annual Dalplex membership, with the exception of Dalhousie faculty, staff or student memberships. Faculty, staff and student members must purchase a university parking permit through Dalhousie Security Services.
- Short term memberships and day and multi-visit passes are not eligible for Dalplex member parking permits - you can opt to either purchase a short term parking pass from Dalhousie Security Services, you can park at a meter or you can park in an non-metered spot from 7pm-1am, Monday to Friday and from 7am-1am on weekends.
- A Dalplex member parking permit allows you to park in designated member spaces in the Dalplex parking lot from 7am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday and in other non-metered spaces from 4:30pm-1am. Dalplex members can park in any non-metered spot in the Dalplex lot from 7am-1am on weekends.
- A parking permit does not guarantee a parking space - parking is subject to availability.
- Please ensure that your permit (including number and expiry) is clearly displayed.
- Parking in Dalplex member spaces is limited to 3 hours
- Dalplex patrons may also park in other Dalhousie parking lots, without a permit, Monday-Friday, 7pm-1am and on weekends during the day
- All other cars parked in the Dalplex parking lot Monday-Friday, 7am-4:30pm, must have proper Dalhousie University parking permits.
- Metered parking is available at Dalplex at the cost listed on the parking meter. Permits are not valid at meters.
- Any vehicles parking in fire lanes, at parking meters without paying the appropriate fees, or in other areas not specifically designated for parking will be subject to ticketing and/or towing at any time.
- The Dalplex parking lot is monitored by the Dalhousie Security Office. Tickets are the responsibility of the member or visitor and any dispute is to be directed to Dalhousie Security Services and the issuing officer.
- Do not store valuables in your vehicle and please keep your vehicle locked at all times. Dalplex is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles or their contents.