Dalplex Parking Lot
In an effort to better serve the needs of the overall Dalhousie community, Dalhousie University made a number of changes to its parking policies across campus in September 2011.
As a result of these changes, the Dalplex lot is able to offer 30 dedicated spots designated for valid Dalplex gold parking passes from 7am-4pm, as well as 25 4-hour parking meters. There are also 2 accessible parking spots, both of which require a Dalplex or Dalhousie University parking pass, in addition to the access parking pass.
Dalplex gold parking passes can also be used for the other non-metered spaces in the Dalplex lot from 4pm-1am on weekdays and on weekends from 7am-1am.
If you have a regular Dalhousie faculty/staff or student parking pass, you will be ticketed and/or towed if you park in a Dalplex gold permit designated space between 7am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have a valid Dalplex gold parking pass and park either in a space reserved for Dalhousie faculty/staff or students between 7am-4pm or at a parking meter without having paid the required fee, you will also be ticketed and/or towed.
- A Dalplex gold parking pass is included as part of your annual Dalplex membership, with the exception of Dalhousie faculty, staff or student memberships. Faculty, staff and student members must purchase a university parking permit through Dalhousie Security Services.
- Short term memberships (i.e.: 10 visit pass, 3 month membership, etc) are not eligible for Dalplex gold parking passes - you can opt to either purchase a short term parking pass from Dalhousie Security Services, you can park at a meter or you can park in an non-metered spot from 7pm-1am, Monday to Friday and from 7am-1am on weekends.
- A Dalplex parking permit allows you to park in designated member spaces in the Dalplex parking lot from 7am-4pm, Monday to Friday and in other non-metered spaces from 4pm-1am. Dalplex members can park in any non-metered spot in the Dalplex lot from 7am-1am on weekends.
- A parking permit does not guarantee a parking space - parking is subject to availability
- Please ensure that your permit (including number and expiry) is clearly displayed
- Parking in Dalplex member spaces is limited to 3 hours
- Dalplex patrons may also park in other Dalhousie parking lots, without a permit, Monday-Friday, 7pm-1am and on weekends during the day
- All other cars parked in the Dalplex parking lot Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm, must have proper Dalhousie University parking permits.
- Metered parking is available at Dalplex at the cost listed on the parking meter. Permits are not valid at meters.
- Any vehicles parking in fire lanes, at parking meters without paying the appropriate fees, or in other areas not specifically designated for parking will be subject to ticketing and/or towing at any time.
- The Dalplex parking lot is monitored by the Dalhousie Security Office. Tickets are the responsibility of the member or visitor and any dispute is to be directed to Dalhousie Security Services and the issuing officer.
- Do not store valuables in your vehicle and please keep your vehicle locked at all times. Dalplex is not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles or their contents.