The Dalhousie/Kings Figure Skating Club (DKFSC) welcomes skaters of all levels to their open ice times, whether you're new to the sport, haven't laced up the skates in a while or are a current competitive skater.
The club is registered with the Canadian Figure Skating Association.
Dalhousie/Kings students, as well as associated faculty, staff and returning DKFSC members, wishing to join the club must contact a member of the executive before Thanksgiving to guarantee their spot. After Thanksgiving, if space still remains spots will be offered to Dalplex community members wishing to join for the first time.
Registration fees are $50 and skaters joining anytime after January will pay 50% of the fees.
2015-16 Location & Practice Times
Mondays: 2:30pm-4pm at the Civic Centre
Sept. 14, 21, 28
Oct. 5, 19, 26
Nov. 2, 16, 23, 30
Jan. 11, 18, 25
Feb. 1, 8, 22, 29
Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28
Fridays: 8am-9:30am at the Halifax Forum
Sept. 11, 18
Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Nov. 20, 27
Jan. 15, 22, 29
Feb. 12, 26
Mar. 4, 11, 18, 25
Becoming a member of DKFSC
The following MUST be completed and given to one of the club executive before skating:
1) A signed Release and Assumption Risk form. A completed risk/liability form. (If you are under 18, it must be signed by a parent/legal guardian.)
2) Proof that you are a current Skate Canada member (if Dal/Kings FSC is not your home club) OR, your Skate Canada number and the $33 to become a member of Skate Canada (Cheque or correct cash amount)
3) $50 Club Fees (correct cash amount please)
4) A completed and signed Dal/Kings FSC membership form (Skate Canada requires postal code.)
5) A signed club form indication you have read and agree to club information and terms.
There are three registration dates for skaters. Registration will take place in the atrium of the Killiam Library (6225 University Ave). As you walk in the front doors, look for a sign at a table labelled ‘figure skating club’ and executive will be there to register you. Make sure you have your Skate Canada number, your health card information, your local address including postal code and a cheque or the exact cash amount. We will not have change!!!
Registration will take place in the Killam Library:
Monday, Sept. 8 - 2:30-5:30pm
Wednesday, Sept. 10 - 3:30-6pm
Monday, Sept. 15 - 4:30-6pm
If you are not able to come to one of these times, it will be your responsibility to get your completed forms and $$ to one of the executive before you put a blade on the ice (executive contact info in registration packet).