The Dalhousie/Kings Figure Skating Club (DKFSC) welcomes skaters of all levels to their open ice times, whether you're new to the sport, haven't laced up the skates in a while or are a current competitive skater.
The club is registered with the Canadian Figure Skating Association.
Dalhousie/Kings students, as well as associated faculty, staff and returning DKFSC members, wishing to join the club must contact a member of the executive before Thanksgiving to guarantee their spot. After Thanksgiving, if space still remains spots will be offered to Dalplex community members wishing to join for the first time.
Registration fees are $50 and skaters joining anytime after January will pay 50% of the fees.
Location & Practice Times
Civic Arena (2901 Windsor Street, near Windsor St & Bayers Road)
Tuesdays from 8-9:30am:
Jan. 8, 15, 29
Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26
Mar. 5, 12, 19
Thursdays from 3-4:30pm:
Jan. 10, 24, 31
Feb. 7, 14
Mar. 7, 14, 21
Becoming a member of DKFSC
The following MUST be completed and given to one of the club executive before skating:
1) A signed Release and Assumption Risk form. A completed risk/liability form. (If you are under 18, it must be signed by a parent/legal guardian.)
2) Proof you are a current Skate Canada member (if Dal/Kings FSC not your home club.) OR, your Skate Canada number and the $32 to become a member of Skate Canada (Cheque or correct cash amount)
3) $50 Club Fees (correct cash amount please)
4) A completed Dal/Kings FSC membership form (Skate Canada requires postal code.)
5) A signed club form indication you have read and agree to club information and terms.